Skip to main content

Poonachi ( Book Review )

I finished this book way back in February this year , 2019 but couldnot write my thoughts not only because of lined up reviews of books sent by publishers and authors but again also due to my incapibility to express what myriad of emotions and thoughts stormed into my soul while I read this book within 2 nights.I was amazed to read someone didnot find it good ! While I have no words to describe much how this book touched my soul , I will recommend you all to read the story of a ordinary goat based in south Indian interior village that has been cursed with drought , whose life is not even a value to anyone. Almost left to die he finds a new home in a old human couples hut. This story is written in a allegorical way actually. It tells story of animal life but the inner parts show the life of all of us metaphorically.It shows sometimes even an unknown normal being if can become just a bit famous how fame treats it.It again shows how humans use animals for their own benefit in a horrendous way. Unthinkable if looked deep.Even the shocking revelation of survival strategy that runs in our blood, in every beings blood.To survive a person can forget every single thing infront of his/her worth.This book touches wonderful yet haunting facts of life like struggling to live in adverse condition , coming of age , first love through the eyes of a young goat , the connection of a human mother and an animal pet , bigotry , partialism , trade , greed , the becoming of a mother herself , gaining and again loosing every single precious thing with the cycle of wonderful yet dreadful life ! If you can dig the hidden meanings each page will bring waves of goosebumps on your skin.When I finished this book at 4 am that night I cried the remaining time almost feeling the real darkness . Poonachi is fictional but she lives in you , me and all other beings of this world !One of a kind book . It will live with me till I go to grave.Wonderful language , narration that has a very light flow but such great capacity to carry such deep concepts of life !I recommend highly.Check if you yourself like it or not.