Skip to main content

The Universe is Expanding and So Am I - By Carolyn Mackler ( Book Review )

Do you like Young adult romance comedies ?
My first YA rom com was by Sophie Kinsella: Can you keep a secret and till this day it remains by favorite !



Now authoress Carolyn Mackler gets added to that list too.

Her writing is really nice and witty. Once in a while when I feel too heavy with life's stress I pick up a YA like this to lighten up my mind and have some fun.
This book is a sequal to the first book : The Earth , My Butt and Other Big Round Things.



The cover is too pretty. Absolutely love it.
And to my happiness it is can be read as standalone. You donor need to read the first part to understand this sequal.



I loved the character of Virginia , totally cool 16 year old kid with her own style , only thing is she goes through a lot of body shaming from her friends and family who are too much into fat ness regime ! As a teenager she is going through a lot of stuffs to be true like she is getting more wide but cannot control her taste buds , her bestie is miles away and their friendship is at stack, she lost her interest in her current bf , met another who is too handsome to be her partner and then there is this out of the blue huge unthinkable family crisis involving her elder brother.



Her narrating of her life's moments is really funny and giggle worthy , bold that how she is handling all this along with the body shaming comments , relatable to a teenager mind and true to heart.

I liked this book . It was a stress reliever !