Skip to main content

Isles of Mambo and other stories ( By author Alok Karkera )

I like short stories. Recently  I picked up this book  written by the author Mr.Alok Karkera . Absolutely love the vivid hues of the cover . Silhouette of a couple enjoying the sunset and far away we see the glimmering city of Mumbai where dreams shine .

There are total 12 short stories in this book. 
Each has its own taste. 



The first one painted the story of half a dozen denizens during the time of Mumbai flood simultaneously. Can we imagine how constrasting lives of so many people are during the same period of time ? Meera's fate made me think how will world know about her great deeds. 




There are more stories that are subtle yet talk more than the words used to weave them. They undoubtedly will make you think about the nuances of our lives . 

The story named Resilience was plotted so well . Very thoughtful with an important message about life , but the way the ending came , I was dumbstruck . Truly life has its own ways no one can predict. 

Most stories have this twistful ending that you cannot expect it coming . 

Language has been kept lucid and the narration has a smooth flowing touch to it. 



I recommend this book to readers. I am very happy with the work but not happy with the Amazon seller who seems like have sent me an used book . The book had yellowspots and the cover was already bent in a way like someone read it already. None the less the stories touched my heart that after sometime got to read some well thought based tales.