Skip to main content

Some of My Favourite lines from the book : The Prophet




Even if  I cannot specifically choose few particular lines  from the book The prophet as my favourites for each line in this book is surprisingly so deep and meaningful , still I am sharing the ones which struck the chord of my heart and left them to play an eternal song within. 

Chapter on Children : 
You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth.The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite, and He bends you with His might that His arrows may go swift and far.


Chapter on Eating and Drinking : 
When you kill a beast say to him in your heart ,
"By the same power that slays you, I to am slain; and I too shall be consumed.

Chapter of Love : 
Love possesses not nor would it be possessed;

Chapter of Marriage: 
Fill each other's cup but drink not from one cup.

Chapter on Giving : 
Is not dread of thirst when your well is full, thirst that is unquenchable?

Chapter on Joy and Sorrow : 
Is not the cup that hold your wine the very cup that was burned in the potter's oven?

Chapter on Self knowledge : 
For the soul walks upon all paths.The soul walks not upon a line, neither does it grow like a reed.The soul unfolds itself, like a lotus of countless petals.