Skip to main content

Interview with the author ! One Day Life Will Change - Saranya Umakanthan


After reading the book One Day Life will change , I had a great opportunity to know more about the author and her work through few questions. Very glad she agreed to answer them , so I amsharing them with you all . I hope you will like to read this post. 




____________________________


1. What inspired you to start writing. 

I love to write and was passionate about it even when I was a kid.  I started out writing articles, poems, short stories. When I grew up, the idea of seeing my writing into a printed book with my name on top of it, prompted me to write my first novel. And I did it!

2. Were the characters inspired by real people?  What was the inspiration behind this book.

It was inspired by a lot of real-life incidents – experiences of different people. I made a story connecting the dots, to show the readers that – yeah, you can bounce back even if life throws lemons at you.


3.How are you connected with the places mentioned in the particular backdrops.

I work at a Software company in Bangalore at present and I have stayed in Chennai for many years. So it was easier for me to describe the locations and scenes.


3.How many books have you written till date.


 One day, life will change is my third book. My previous two books are of fantasy genre. 


4.What in your opinion are the most important elements of good writing . 

Strong characterization and narration. A good writer has to make the reader feel the emotions of the characters in the story.


5.How do you handle literary criticism. 


It is not easy to satisfy everyone. If I feel that it is not a valid one, I ignore it.  I do take in constructive criticism though. And if someone doesn’t like your story, it is okay. It is not a big deal. There are a lot of people who love it as well.


7. What messages would you like to send young readers through this story. 


Love is just not about gifting teddy bears and roses to your partner. It goes on a higher level. It is about understanding the dreams of your partner and standing for it.



8.Which genre would your next book be and when can we readers expect it? 


My next book would be of the same genre, romance laced with inspiration. I have found my audience here!