Skip to main content

Madhuleena - A Novel

To start with , this is my sixth book of the author Sir Govind Sharma.I really enjoyed reading this new book of his 'Madhuleena' . Each time I feel like the new books get better than the previous ones of his.Or maybe I just wait for them with more excitement.


I truly loved The Break Up Clinic by him couple of years ago.Coming back to Madhuleena,it revolves around a lot of things that go around in this modern world behind closed doors.I donot know in which genre it shall be tagged but it has mystery,suspense,thriller and simple romance.Whenever I started assuming the turns,the plot took 180 degree twists.So I can tell I did not feel bored any time and it felt like a fresh story to me.It is about Aakash who is accused in a big  bankruptcy case when he used to work as a bank clerk.But is he really the culprit ? His childhood started as a street beggar and pick pocketer.A difficult background like that never lets people have success and trust in the world easily.Not only Police is chasing him but an unknown shooter too is trying to kill him.Life's course lets him come across an irresistible beauty ,the rich and intelligent young lady similar to his age: 'Madhuleena '.But something is off about her.Her aura is of innocence and irresistible beauty but a suspense surrounds around her overall reality.



There are different subplots running paralelly to it.There is Dr.Chawla who is convicted in a sexual harassment case.Then there is a honey trap business running in the town.Lipika,Dr.Chawla and a trusted one's case come to light later along with the unfolding of the case of Nalini and her husband.The character of the Sadhu adds some life lessons.

All subplots were linked in a surprising manner with each other.I liked that when all these were running in pipeline having their own intriguing purpose,they unfolded their truth in their own time, making sense.The last twist was unexpectable and felt more like a movie but I guess time spoke for their realization.

Being an anxious reader I enjoyed this fast-paced story and lucid yet ornamental narration added more charm to the overall reading experience.