Skip to main content

Author Interview with Upasana Majumdar | Red World-The Genesis

Today we have with us Ms. Upasana Majumdar the author of the latest sensational science fiction Red World - The Genenis. With her today we will talk about herself, new book and her other hobbies. 
 
_________________________
1) Please tell us about yourself?
Am just your regular girl next door, who's obsessed with fiction. 
When am not wondering about things that Google can't answer, I am either logged in for my work or talking to friends on the phone.

2) Is Red World- The Genesis , your debut book? Have you written any more books? 

Yes, This is my first book. I haven't written more books yet, but I do have plans for more.
3) Why science fiction based on Mars habitation? What inspired you to write the book? 
I was reading about Elon Musk's Mars colonization idea and I wondered how that world would be...

I felt that it would be a chance for humanity to start afresh - to learn from the pitfalls of our societies on Earth.
It was a way ahead for the 'Genesis' of a different society in a brand new Red Martian World.

I then researched a lot about the various science aspects covered in the book. It was challenging to present this science stuff in an engaging manner, and that's what led me to add the personal stories of the characters.
4) Are you already working on something new? When can we readers expect another book from you? 
Yes, I am working on the sequel to this book. Most readers were curious about the character arc of the main characters, and that's exactly what I wanted to generate curiosity for the sequel. 
There are a lot of plots in the book that have just been teased and left to be elaborated in the sequel, so stay tuned :)

Apart from that, there's a children story book and a collection of my poems that's in the pipeline.
5) As your book is not only pivoted around entertaining your readers but it contains some subtle yet important messages, what lessons of life would you like readers to understand and learn from your book? 

Brilliant Question! Am glad you asked...

The first idea that I wanted to explore with my readers was the idea of a world where all choices - whether personal or professional are equally respected. Most societies these days are very quick to judge someone based on their profession, religion or partner choice. I wondered what it would be to have a world where it didn't matter at all.

The second was different shades of love. From Rhonda to Aadi and from Jake to Ned, the romantic arcs were different as per the times... 

But the common theme was how love gives us strength to not just survive, but thrive even in hostile situations.

6) Apart from writing what other hobbies or activities do you enjoy? 

I enjoy yoga, it has kept me sane during this whole process of authoring a book. I enjoy music and singing whenever I can.
I also teach Economics via online tutoring on the weekends.