Skip to main content

A Scrapyard for Dreams by Dhruv Kumar

A Scrapyard for Dreams
_______
▪️Author: Dhruv Kumar 
▪️Book Length: 210 pages 
▪️Price : 249/- 
▪️Publisher: Self published 
( And it's a wonderful book being a self published one) 

________
Do you keep all your musings and poems at one place or are you a person who is kinda scattered like me? 
________
It is book full of poems, short musings and flash fiction stories that is short tales. It touches different themes and all in all proves to a very nice thoughtful collection. 
In the poetry section I really liked few thought provoking pieces like ' Who Sings Lullabies to the Orphans.
A Modium of peace was a beautiful one. Now in the musings section I felt good reading the very first piece named Memories and then the blindfolds and Pottery.

Similarly there are other heart wrenching and again warming subjects that have been taken up by the author. They paint a vibrant picture of our life blending various hues of emotions and aspects of it being fragile and yet delicately beautiful. 

Now on the back cover it says it is a collection that disturbs you and makes your unsettled. I disagree with it. It neither distressed nor unsettled me. May be I am more scattered. So I believe this collection soothed my soul at times with its lovely pieces and yes made me think about the subjects it discussed. 

A beautiful book, I recommend to people who like reading while having some tea or coffee in the evening or or in the silence of the night.