Skip to main content

The Different Bride by Charu Singh

The Different Bride 
By Charu Singh 
Book Length 260 pages
__________
The different Bride. The name already catches a readers interest. Why is this particular bride different? Only as you read the book you will know. 
As I started reading this book the narrative felt engaging and definitely different from the cheesy fictions which even though the cover is so pretty in some way give away vibes of. First I too thought why the cover looks cliche  when the protagonist is an Indian? Only is revealed later. I liked it's suspense carrying ability. 

I am glad the author choose to not write a love story between two people with few physical and mental flaws which we don't get yet enough in indian literature. 

As the chapters started to glide I got to know the girl who is just like you and me but still in her own ways owns her flaws. That's why she feels love is never for her and aims to get in Business school through MBA only.

 But  it's a phone away that changes two lives forever. Next we get to know about Prakash who works as a sales executive in an internet based company. Again he comes with another issue. 

Life has something twists planned for them and here what they start coming in. What made this bride so unconventional and even makes the groom so different? 

I liked the subtle life lessons the author included in the story. I find the narration and the plot nice and better than most debut romance writers. 

Altogether a good book for young adult romance new readers.