Skip to main content

The Curves of Life by Norbert Jana Nongbet

The Curves of Life
By Norbert Jana Nongbet
Published by Notion press 
____________________
I am not much into love stories. But again I finished this book in one sitting not only because  it was a short read but the emotional flow definitely captured my attention and I wanted to know what happened next when it was inspired by real life events as well. 
So to start with, I would say I really liked reading it.
Amazon link to buy : https://amzn.to/3uFp2KP



Jacob  Wayne is a young lad. Belonging from a beautiful family whose parents had love marriage he grew up to be equally loving and caring in nature. He was born in Shilly , a city in Meghalin wrapped in beautiful hilly mountains.
 The author gives us a colourful glimpse of how  Jacob had a playful childhood in Sieone and later how his teenage years bloomed him into a young man in Shilly alongside his career path.
As the story starts to glide we get to know what he is excited about. It's a meeting that he was planning with someone for a long time now after chatting online for few months. 

It's a short story of love painting its each stage that truly touches a readers heart for being relatable. One or the other time in our lives we all have gone through these emotions in one or the other way and that is what I liked about this book. It also teaches us life is unpredictable but it goes on so do we need to move forward for their are always new opportunities to live a happier life. 
I liked the honest feelings portrayed between the lines. But again the 180 degree twist that was hidden later, being realistic, broke my heart into pieces. But I liked how it finally ended. I hoped best for him. 

It's a simple story not filled with extreme twists but carefully edited with details and appropriate timing that creates a beautiful picture of the step by step events of a one's life's parts overall.


Definitely it shall prove to be a light yet emotional read for valentine's week. If you avoid cringe worthy young adult romance details and looking for a light yet matured one , go for it. I do recommend it.