Skip to main content

In Between Homes by Meenakshi Shivram

If you looking forward to a pick up some poetry books just because you like late night rainy season read then do check out this book. 
__________
In Between Homes by Meenakshi Shivram @meenakshi.shivram
Book length : 71 pages 
Publisher : Notion Press. 
__________
Poems are close to my heart. They have the capability of express immense emotions in only small bundles of verses or words. 

This book is not only a collection if poems bit few write ups as well. 
Starting from the very cover art I truly found the minimalistic design calming and beautiful. Somewhere the white colour soothes my mind whenever I pick this book up. 

The author is an impact focused investment banker and a climate change activist. She is also a reader like us. I could see through the pages she had an urge to tell her own story and express herself to the world when she wrote these ethereal pieces. 
In Between Homes is a beautiful tribute to our hearts that express a series of emotions at various stages of our lives. 

It is a collection if conversations with the cosmos mirroring the different often bittersweet ups and downs in our lives even the smallest of moments but truly mark their presence and happenings in our hearts for the long times to come. It's about the innocent days of our childhood, the hearts affairs and it's pains, bliss of surrender at times to go with the flow and later that shows life amidst all its ruthlessness is still worth it all. 
_______
👁️Iris 👁️
The moment I saw the pools of your eyes
I knew there was no way but down
Without a thought I jump right in
For in them I shall gladly drown.
This is one of the many verses. 
_______
I also would like to mention the very title poem that was in the last page truly touched my heart and made it glow. I connected to it. 

The book is divided into 5 chapters named Jala, agni, vayu, bhumi and Aakash. Each sharing its own hues. 
I simply find this book connecting to my heart and whispers me reminiscences of the gone days and my own hopes and desires at some place. 


I think poem lovers should definitely check this book out. They will find it beautiful and heart warming.