Skip to main content

After Life : Reborn of Love by Nikilanshu Janwa

Book: After Life : Reborn of Love
Author: Nikilanshu Janwa @nikhilanshu_janwa
Book length : 304 pages
Publisher : Paper Town 
_________________
“When I dive deep in this water, it’s all dark there. That darkness always tries to kill me, but I always reply, ‘not yet…’ and come out from it. But I think one day, that darkness will reply to me back, ‘you are done.’ Ahh! I hope I can live without this heart; it hurts a lot. If I won’t open my eyes right now, then I will be dead, and if I did, it will be the same anyway. I think I should stop depending on others when I’m at my worst.”
_______________
What will be the world like if feelings, yes feelings replace money? Whatever you deal in you deal with feelings. You buy you sell everything has the medium of feeling? Yes this book is half based on reality and the other half exists in a different world or universe where reality of our earth takes a backseat. 

Nikhil is a nice school going boy in his tender age when certain accident makes him loose his loved one. This incident breaks him as he feels it's his fault. He becomes aloof, shy and limits his presence in the outside world. But as no winter stays the same , spring arrives with Vaishnavi. 
Bhanu as a friend truly proves to be a friend in need is a friend indeed. 
But Certain turn of events makes nikhil go back to square one. From there a twisted journey into another world starts. How and why ? Was Vaishnavi responsible for this? What will he learn from the alternate universe. 

The concepts imagination and building of the parallel world was nice and fun to read. The only downside was the font size was too small for my preference and the book was bit lengthy. 
Read this fantasy cum romance read  for an equally entertaining and meaningful plot where author takes up the issues of teenage depression due to loss of a close one, mental health and let's us contemplate about our reality.