Skip to main content

Being: A Journey by Pankaj Gupta

Self-discovery is vital for personal growth, understanding strengths and weaknesses, finding purpose, and fostering a deeper connection with oneself and others. People often struggle with it due to fear of confronting uncomfortable truths, societal expectations, lack of introspection skills, and external distractions.

Books like BEING: A Journey are quite handy in such cases. As my life is going through a lot of changes up, I sometimes find myself lost. I felt that the chapters helped me feel connected to my core once more. The first chapter with few questions made me face reality. What am I doing right now that I donot want to continue. What things I really want to do but still have not started. Why is it so. How can I. And few more. Uncomfortable at times, I believe these questions truly made me introspect and face myself by becoming selfaware. 

In the subsequent chapters, I found what I already knew, but still procastinated to execute, some new and thoughtful ways to add them into my practice and even learnt some interesting facts. They were about communication, values and purposes, time management, personal growth, decluttering, mission, vision and accountability. 

So, what I feel is every reader should read it. In simple yet thoughtful approach, it helps us to transform our being step by step. Do check this book out.